Sunday, January 31, 2010

Another week.....Another Daycare?

Good Evening All,
Thought I would take this time to tell everyone about the amount of drama my family had to put up with this week. Hunter, my four year old, whom I will be talking a lot about in weeks to come, was asked to leave his daycare this week. For privacy sake I won't mention any specific names of the daycare except to say the are Tucked Away in Innsbrook somewhere. After weeks of unusual behavior at their strong encouragement we had Hunter tested for ADHD. It was then we also received the diagnosis of ASD.
Well after putting my son through a battery of test and nearly four thousand dollars later (in three weeks) it was determined they were to large to handle his needs. Needs which at time were a Glutton free diet( that we provided) his daily medications ( that we came to the school to do) and the request they did not single my child out. Which they failed to do. Here's what I mean.... one Thursday last week... Hunter was being his normal self. His teacher, who shall remain anonymous, was in a bad mood and told her coworker " Take Hunter and a few of the others outside so we don't have to deal with him." The coworker replied " It is 23 degrees out side." To which the teacher simply said "So?" Now keep in mind this was said in front of a family y member whose son also goes to the same school. Now if they are dumb enough to say that in front of Hunters family what are they saying when we are not around? Then Emily got a phone call at work saying Hunter was being uncooperative because he didn't want to stay outside. I can't imagine why.
We were asked to transfer to another location owned by the same company because it is a smaller school and they felt Hunter would get more personal attention that he needs. I admit to a point it makes sense on the other hand the only thing the Doctors have agreed on is consistency. Hunter needs the same things and the same people everyday, switching schools could be a huge downfall in the progress he has made.
I am happy to report that on Friday he tried his new school and he loved it. They seem to be much more willing to work with us in finding the best fit for our Juggernaut. Ironically enough, on Thursday we took Hunter to say goodbye to his teachers and friends at his original school. Everyone was upset to see him leave but Hunter could have cared less. He walked into his classroom and said " Bye Everybody, Daddy you take me to my school now?" I could not so I brought him home instead. We had a great day of watching movies and playing dinosaurs.
If they can't appreciate and value how amazing my son is then quite frankly I don't want him there. If my son is sick or has a condition then that is when he needed them most. Sure they sent him to someplace new and they seem incredible but he had been there since he was two. He has friends, memories and yes even his teachers that he will miss and have to learn to adjust to not having around. Is that really fair to a four year old?

No comments:

Post a Comment